Have you recently purchased one of our
Groupon, Living Social, Amazon Local,
or other daily deals?
If so, congratulations, and welcome to
The Maya Zahira School of Belly Dance!
Haven't purchased your deal yet?
Save time and register here!
Just $28 for one month of bellydance (4 consecutive weeks)
This is more than 60% savings! New students only.
Pay with the Paypal button, then follow the instructions below.
(Returning students--visit our Classes page to register.)
General Information ~
Your voucher may be redeemed at the following location:
Zona Yoga studio located in northland Kansas City, MO
Please read the information below for a description of the studio, the classes and schedules offered, FAQs, and our cancellation policies.
By purchasing your voucher, you agree to our policies below. Scroll down to the bottom for a complete list of our policies.
Remember--These Daily Deals are offered to new students only.
New students are individuals who have not attended classes in 6 or more months.
Classes are held at our Overland Park location weekly on Monday evenings at 7:15 pm. (Our northland location has been discontinued.)
Maya's Oasis Bellydance Classes
About Maya's Oasis
Maya's Oasis is a peaceful healing center conveniently located in a quiet residential neighborhood in north Overland Park, KS. This cozy oasis features our small bellydance classes, private bellydance lessons, Reiki & healing sessions, holistic health classes, Reiki classes, drum circles, and more.
Maya's Oasis, 7115 Outlook St, Overland Park, KS 66204
Maya's Oasis is located in a residential neighborhood, not far from 71st and Metcalf. Look for the address on the house and the hanging goddess prayer flags. When attending classes at Maya's Oasis, please park on the street.
Class Options ~
Weekly on Mondays
Classes are now ongoing. Students may join any time! No reservations necessary.
Studio opens 15 minutes before class.
7:15-8:15 pm Mondays ~ Belly Dance Technique and Workout Drills
In this belly dance technique class, students will learn the foundations of this ethnic dance form while having fun in a positive, encouraging environment. This class is appropriate for beginning through intermediate students.
Email us to reserve your spot.
What class do you recommend if I am a brand-new beginner?
ALL of our classes are beginner-friendly.
What should I wear for class?
Please wear comfortable clothing that allows for ease of movement. Yoga and exercise clothing are best. (Loose, baggy clothing is not recommended.)
Footwear: barefoot, ballet slippers, or socks with treads are permitted
(For safety reasons we do not allow students to wear regular socks in class.)
What should I bring to class?
Please bring your daily deal voucher, or be prepared to pull it up on your smart phone. Bring water and pen & paper if you'd like to take practice notes.
What if I can't attend ALL of the classes in the series?
If you have to miss a class, don't worry. We are reserving your spot for you for the ENTIRE class series. Since our classes are beginner-level, most students have no problem catching up on the missed material when they return the following week. If you know that your schedule will require you to miss several classes, we suggest that you find a different class that works better with your schedule.
Congratulations on the purchase of your daily deal. We look forward to seeing you in class!
1. Your voucher is for 4 consecutive classes of the same class weekly. (Older vouchers are for 5 consecutive classes.) Once you begin attending classes, your voucher is active. No make-ups are permitted for missed classes, however, remember that you have received 60% off the regular class fee.
2. No transfers of your voucher to a different class or a later date.
3. Absences--If you will be absent for one or more of the classes in your reserved class series, it is not necessary to contact us. Once you have made your class reservation with us, we will continue to hold your spot for the entire series. You have already paid for and reserved your spot in the class series.--It is up to you whether you attend.
4. Refunds--We do not offer refunds or transfers for classes for any reason. If you have already purchased your classes and you find that you are not able to attend, you may gift your classes to a friend. (While Maya Zahira School of Belly Dance does not offer refunds, most of our daily deal providers--Groupon, Living Social, Amazon Local, etc--DO offer refunds. Please contact your daily deal provider BEFORE your voucher expiration date in order to receive your refund.)
5. Daily Deal vouchers may only be used for public group classes through the Maya Zahira School of Belly Dance, and may not be redeemed for private or semi-private bellydance lessons or special events.
6. Daily Deals are offered to *new* students only. (New students are defined as students who have never attended our classes, or who have not attended in 6 months or more.)
7. Per the standard procedures of the daily deal providers, any vouchers that are past their expiration date may not be used at the sale price. However, the value of the voucher may be used as a credit toward the full price of classes. So, be sure to redeem your voucher well before the expiration date to ensure that you receive the best value!
We look forward to seeing you in class! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.